29 May 2021
WARNING: This update may slightly alter existing grades.
Filmbox 1.4.0 contains important refinements to the color pipeline. If you are in the middle of a project you may want to stay on your current version until it’s done. Starting with 1.4.0, Filmbox will track the color pipeline version so that future refinements to the pipeline won’t alter existing grades. Contact us if you need to roll back to 1.3.8.
- LUTs exported from Filmbox now contain a record of the Filmbox color pipeline settings in the LUT’s metadata
- Fixed a bug when rendering individual clips at same-as-source resolution
- Fixed a DaVinci Intermediate inaccuracy
- Improved handling of highly saturated values and reduced banding sometimes visible in gradients of bright saturated tones
- Fixed an issue with gamut hard-clipping on some imagery especially in blue tones
- Fixed an inaccuracy with the ACES SDR outputs
- Added the ability to choose whether or not Filmbox counteracts the dim surround compensation that is part of some ACES ODTs (see ACES section in user guide)
- Fixed inaccuracies with P3 outputs
9 May 2021
- Fixed a terrible showstopping bug
- Fixed issue with rendering black on Intel GPUs
7 May 2021
- Added a slider to control the softness of the grain.
- Updated user guides.
4 May 2021
- You can now actually use the Split Tone Lab tool.
4 May 2021